Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Nightmare in Years. Dang.

I actually got to sleep at a decent hour last night.  Well, decent for me.  It was about half-past midnight when I finally dozed off.  Unfortunately, I then had the first bad dream I've had in, like, several years.  {I added that "like" in there so my sentence wouldn't sound too dramatic, and it only ended up sounding girly.  Crap.}

Anyway, the dream started out where I was just kind of watching this girl who was sitting up in bed.  I could tell she was either having some sort of breakdown or going through physical pain, and there was a sort of supernatural feel to it.  It was like watching a really twitchy film, where it's sped up and some frames are dropped.  There were weird patterns of light swimming across her face and stuff.  After that, I felt this impossible-to-resist urge to scream REALLY loudly, because for some reason, I was terrified.  And then I woke up.  I hadn't screamed in real life.

But it was then TWO in the morning.  So much for getting to sleep at a decent hour...  Anyway, maybe it's a good thing I woke up, because I had forgotten to set my alarm clocks.  And then I ended up waking up thirty minutes before my alarms went off anyway...so that was disorienting...yep.

The weather has been incredible lately.  Winter used to be my favourite season, but not any more.  The first REAL snow is always great, but once it gets all dirty and slushy, it's no longer worth it.  Besides, I miss GREEN!  I love big, leafy trees.  I really just want to lay down in a big meadow somewhere in the middle of nowhere, with no one around, and be surrounded by nature.  That sounds stupid, maybe.  But I really want it.

The air smells AMAZING.  I always connect feelings with scents, and today's scent is amazing.  It rained last night, so everything seems clean and springtime-esque.  I feel like something amazing is about to happen.

I need a nap.  But instead I'm writing this and listening to music.  Here's what I'm listening to, currently!

Cold Shoulder - Adele
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Sway - Dean Martin
Fallen from the Sky - Once soundtrack
1234 - Feist
Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra
Big Jumps - Emiliana Torrini
Mother of Pearl - Roxy Music
Let Go - Frou Frou
Soul Meets Body - Death Cab for Cutie
Attack - 30 Seconds to Mars

Okay.  Now that you know a little more than you wanted to, ONTO THE LESSON OF THE DAY!

The lesson of the day is actually more like me realizing a goal of mine, and I think this should be part of EVERYONE'S goal.  I want to be able to use the phrase "I'll have my people call your people," and actually be important enough to mean it.  So!  For my field, that means I'll have to be an editor of sorts.

Okay, have a rant.  This rant will be about drunk people.  So if you're a habitual drunk, just don't read the rest of this, mkay?

I don't drink.  I have a few friends who think it's fun and "helps" their social lives, and I secretly judge the crap out of them.  I mean, few of us even feel very in-control of our lives as it is, while we're in college, so why would I ever intoxicate myself and make that feeling even worse?  That's just ridiculous.  Besides, being sober is awesome, personally.  If you're sober, you can really appreciate everything that happens around you.

One of my other straight edge friends once said, "When people have been drinking, I don't feel like they're being very real with me."  I think that's probably the best way to explain what I'm talking about.  We've all been on the receiving end of a drunk text or drunk chat...and it's sad, with a little element of entertainment and just a dash of "Wow, I'm glad I'm not you."

The reason I mention this is because I heard some really loud people out on the street last night, and it reminded me of the dorm I used to live in.  McNutt.  McNutt is the reason IU is (unfortunately) considered the #1 party school.  It always made me really angry.

That's the one thing that sucks about college.  Even in Collins, which I love, there are people like that.  You can't escape those kinds of people.

Ah well.  Go out and enjoy the weather!  It's going to be cold again this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. No joke, I was JUST listening to Adele's "Cold Shoulder" today whilst smelling the lovely weather. 8:)

    See? The colon are noses.

    I'm really cool shiz. And by that, laaaaame. In addition to that (as you already know), I'm in agreement with the whole "wow drunks are stoopid" sentiment. My main thing against it is not necessarily the drinking itself, but the fact that there are those who go out JUST to get wasted. It's just... a waste of time. It's like saying "hey dude, let's go hit ourselves on the head with sharp-toothed mallets, hurr hurr."

    So those are my two cents. :)

    PS: I also love "Let Go."
    PPS: That nightmare kinda sounded like The Ring. O__o

    ReplyDelete